Activist lab Gender, Sexuality and Equality
Activist Lab Klimaatrechtvaardigheid
Oxfam Novib stands behind the people who fight for a world that is more inclusive, fair, equal and safe. We believe that, together with people worldwide, we can create change, tackle inequality at its roots and change the systems behind it once and for all. That's why we invite you to the Activist Lab 100% free of charge!
Activist Lab is an opportunity to gain knowledge about influencing campaigns, develop your campaign skills, and of course exchange knowledge and network with activists within and outside the Netherlands.
WHY DOES IT MATTER?
It is 2023. And courageous people worldwide are still fighting for equal rights. Because many cis and trans women, trans men, non-binary and queer people are still discriminated against, condemned and persecuted because of their gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression. Especially people of colour. Whereas everyone would win if there was more equality. That's why we fight for a world in which people have the freedom to choose their own future. In which unpaid care work is better distributed. And in which people of all genders have an equal say in political decision-making and climate negotiations. Do you want to learn how to take action with us?
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
We take you into the world of strategic campaigning. You will learn more about gender, sexuality, and (in)equality. For example: How does gender inequality show up in the climate crisis? Together we explore the ingredients of a successful campaign: how do you achieve the change that you want to see in the world? How do you do that in an inclusive way? And how do you self-care while working to change the world?!
You finish this hands-on training with a group action! On Action Day (June 30th), you will immediately put your knowledge about gender, sexuality, and equality, and your campaign skills into practice. You will do this in a way that suits you and where you feel safe.
Finally, you can count on inspiring exchange sessions with young activists from all over the world.
This Activist Lab is for all young people (18-30 years old) who are committed to fighting inequalities. You do not need to have experience of setting up campaigns or actions, or in-depth knowledge about gender and (in)equality.
IMPORTANT DATES & LOCATIONS
To reflect on these topics, the program consists of these training days in Utrecht and The Hague:
Training Days and Action Day
- Saturday, May 20th (from about 10 a.m. to 5.30p.m.): training day 1
- Kick-off, getting to know each other, and all about gender, sexuality and equality!
- Saturday, May 27th (from about 10 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.): training day 2
- Strategic campaigning and brainstorm for creative actions
- Saturday, June 10th (from about 10 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.): training day 3
- Hands-on workshops such as public speaking and writing will enable you to carry out your actions.
Online sessions (via Zoom):
- Thursday, 1st of June (from 6 to 7.30 pm): meet your Oxfam Novib coaches
- Thursday, June 15th (from 6 to 7.30 p.m.): work on your action
- Thursday, June 22th (from 6 to 7.30 p.m.): inspiration from previous campaigns
- Friday, June 30th: Action Day! (from about 10.30 a.m. to 8 p.m. including dinner)
- On this day you put your new knowledge and skills into practice! We will decide the time and location with your group.
- We end the day and our journey together with a joint dinner
- In addition, you are available approximately 4-8 hours per week between the second training day (May 27th) and the action day (June 20th) for group work and check-in with your Oxfam Novib coach to prepare for your action.
Application deadline: April 24th
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
- Knowledge & Training: We offer you the opportunity to expand your knowledge of gender, sexuality, and equality and the way you can set-up strategic and inclusive campaigns.
- Campaign Experience: You get an Oxfam Novib coach and a budget to set up and implement your own campaign action (with your Activist Lab group).
- Network: You will meet other young people in the Netherlands, activists from different countries, and of course campaigners and activists of Oxfam Novib. Perhaps even make friends for life.
- Support: In getting started with your activism and if you're already active, more tools and knowledge for your next action.
- Certificate: After completion of the training and Action Day you will receive a certificate.
- 100% free of charge: we also provide free lunch during the training days and cover your travel expenses.
Do you have a training budget from your employer? We much appreciate any financial support (250 Euros for small, 500 Euros for big companies), so we can continue to keep Activist Lab free.
No matter if you're already an activist or not – you're warmly invited to join Activist Lab! Are you passionate about equality, gender, or sexuality? Do you want to develop new skills and expand your (international) network? Are you between 18 and 30 years old and do you live in the Netherlands? Register now via the registration form!
Do you have questions? Send an email to: email@example.com
The deadline for registration is April 24th. You will hear by the end of the week whether you have been selected for participation.
Op deze plek staat een YouTube video. YouTube plaatst cookies.
Als je die hier wilt bekijken, kies dan bij cookie-instellingen dat je social media cookies accepteert.
Of bekijk de video buiten deze site op YouTube.
GOOD TO KNOW
Activist Lab is for everyone with an interest in (in)equality. Whether you are a newbie or an experienced activist. This edition of the Activist Lab focuses on gender and equality, and includes a session about gender & climate justice. All sessions of this Activist Lab will be in English (please let us know if this is a problem for you).
The next edition will take place in October and November 2023, and will focus on feminist climate justice, and will be in Dutch. If you want to stay informed about future editions of the Activist Lab, enter your name and email address here.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Would you like to know more about the Activist Lab? Please visit our website (in Dutch): Activist Lab: dé campagnetraining voor jongeren - Oxfam Novib