AFRICAN ACTIVISTS FOR CLIMATE JUSTICE PROJECT (AACJ)
Amplifying voices in Africa demanding that women, youth and local and indigenous communities can defend and fulfill their human rights and live dignified lives in a healthy and sustainable environment, within the context of the climate emergency.
WHAT IS AACJ?
The African Activist for Climate Justice (AACJ) is a five-year project funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs Strengthening the Climate Justice African Activists movement.
AACJ is being implemented in eight countries of the Africa Region including Senegal, Somalia, Mozambique, Burkina Faso, Nigeria, South Africa, and the Pan Africa Program in Kenya and the Netherlands. Oxfam is part of a consortium southern-led organizations: Panafrican Climate Justice Alliance (PACJA), Natural Justice, FEMNET, Africa Youth Commission (AYC) and Oxfam Novib.
Op deze plek staat een YouTube video. YouTube plaatst cookies.
Als je die hier wilt bekijken, kies dan bij cookie-instellingen dat je social media cookies accepteert.
Of bekijk de video buiten deze site op YouTube.
A strong and inclusive African movement that has mobilized citizens, companies, and governments to advance climate justice. This objective will be achieved through five key outcomes.
- Amplified voices of those disproportionately affected by the changing climate, and that offer solutions for a more sustainable future, such as women, youth, and local and Indigenous communities
- Developed African narratives that highlight lived experiences of women, youth and local and Indigenous communities impacted by climate change, to change the terms of the debate
- Empowered citizens and communities that claim and defend their social and environmental rights
- Scoping and scaling of community-based best practices on adaptive capacities of climate frontline communities
- Policy and practice change that support affected communities and enable the transition to sustainable, low-carbon economies, leaving no one behind.
Alliances & Movements Funds African Activists for Climate Justice & Fair for All
Activists and organizations can amplify their influence by working together!
The Strengthening Alliances -Sudden Opportunity Campaign Fund aims to further stimulate and facilitate collaboration. It will enable responses to chance circumstances and unique influencing opportunities with the possibility for change when groups can work together.
Detailed Guideline/instructions for this application process, they can be found here.
Connect with us
Rukia Cornelius - Programme Lead │ email@example.com
Philip Kabuye - Platform Development Lead | firstname.lastname@example.org
Vicky Nesci – Platform Development | email@example.com
Liza Kollar – Project Officer │ firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please download the AACJ flyer (PDF).