AFRICAN ACTIVISTS FOR CLIMATE JUSTICE PROJECT (AACJ)
Amplifying voices in Africa demanding that women, youth and local and indigenous communities can defend and fulfill their human rights and live dignified lives in a healthy and sustainable environment, within the context of the climate emergency.
WHAT IS AACJ?
The African Activist for Climate Justice (AACJ) is a five-year project funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs Strengthening the Climate Justice African Activists movement.
AACJ is being implemented in eight countries of the Africa Region including Senegal, Somalia, Mozambique, Burkina Faso, Nigeria, South Africa, and the Pan Africa Program in Kenya and the Netherlands. Oxfam is part of a consortium southern-led organizations: Panafrican Climate Justice Alliance (PACJA), Natural Justice, FEMNET, Africa Youth Commission (AYC) and Oxfam Novib.
Op deze plek staat een YouTube video. YouTube plaatst cookies.
Als je die hier wilt bekijken, kies dan bij cookie-instellingen dat je social media cookies accepteert.
Of bekijk de video buiten deze site op YouTube.
A strong and inclusive African movement that has mobilized citizens, companies, and governments to advance climate justice. This objective will be achieved through five key outcomes.
- Amplified voices of those disproportionately affected by the changing climate, and that offer solutions for a more sustainable future, such as women, youth, and local and Indigenous communities
- Developed African narratives that highlight lived experiences of women, youth and local and Indigenous communities impacted by climate change, to change the terms of the debate
- Empowered citizens and communities that claim and defend their social and environmental rights
- Scoping and scaling of community-based best practices on adaptive capacities of climate frontline communities
- Policy and practice change that support affected communities and enable the transition to sustainable, low-carbon economies, leaving no one behind.
DIGITAL PLATFORM POWER TO VOICES
A platform for African Activists by African Activists
A safe space for African climate activists to organize and strengthen their movement and campaigns in advocating for climate justice. The platform will be the space for activist to:
- Organize, Connect, Network and Campaign
- Rally solidarity
- Share campaigns and struggles, and amplify voices
- Peer-to-peer knowledge sharing and tailored learning
- Find relevant resources to strengthen capacities
The platform will be launched by the end of 2022.
Power to voices: Oxfam lanches Digital Platform
The African Activist for Climate Justice (AACJ) program launches Power to Voice, a new digital platform to support activists and social justice advocates in their efforts to create positive change and a sustainable world.