Picture: Duy Khuong/Oxfam
Oxfam’s Gender Transformative and Responsible Agribusiness Investments in South East Asia (GRAISEA) is a regional programme which is funded by the Government of Sweden. Based on the recognition that financial viability and gender equitable and sustainable supply chains are not mutually exclusive, GRAISEA promotes win-win-win propositions: wins for communities, small-scale producers and larger businesses.
GRAISEA focuses on three intertwined approaches:
- Promote corporate social responsibility and other private sector regulatory frameworks in South-East Asia with ASEAN and its member states and with leading agribusiness companies
- Demonstrate gender transformative and responsible agribusiness investments for smallholders, in particular women in the selected value chains of palm oil and aquaculture
- Promote responsible and innovative investments in small and medium enterprises
It is a joint Oxfam Great Britain and Oxfam Novib programme led by the OGB regional centre in Bangkok, which will involve five regional partners (ChangeFusion, CSR Asia, Institute for Social Entrepreneurship in Asia [ISEA], Shujog/Impact Investment Exchange IIX and Oxfam's East Asia GROW campaign) and six countries (Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar, Philippines, Vietnam and Thailand). The Oxfam offices in these countries work with local country partners.
- Programme name: Gender Transformative and Responsible Agribusiness Investments in South East Asia (GRAISEA)
- Programme period: April 1, 2015 - March 31, 2018
- Target groups: Smallholder farmers especially women, ASEAN Ministers of Agriculture and Forestry (AMAF), Ministries of Agriculture in Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam, Asian agribusiness companies.
- Location: South East Asial programme management unit in Bangkok
- Budget: US 6 million
Team Land, Water and Pro-poor value chains; contact person: Mirjam Andriessen
- Our story
- Themes we work on
Projects and programs
- Empower Youth for Work!
- Work in Progress!
- F.A.I.R. – Even it Up!
- FAIR Company-Community Partnerships
- Fair Tax Monitor
- Greater Responsibility in Finance for Development
- Bayan II
- Marriage: No Child's Play
- Human Rights of Sexual Minorities
- Quality Teaching in Mali
- Sustainable and equitable shrimp production and value chain development in Vietnam (SuSV)
- Fair Finance Guide International
- CRAFT: Research and advocacy for Fair Taxation
- Countries we work in
- Atlas project browser